Biological, Mercury-Free, Natural Dentist, Dr. Vinograd
Dr Vinograd: Biological Dentist, San Diego
I (Dr Daniel Vinograd), am proud to be a Biological Dentist in San Diego that has been advocating a healthy lifestyle for over three decades. I have been greatly inspired by the natural order to develop the following principles for myself and my patients:
- Eating the least processed and least adulterated foods. Incorporating juicing vegetables, cultured foods (kefir, kambucha, pickled foods, etc) and good quality protein into our diet.
- Taking charge of our health. Being informed and questioning medical and dental procedures advocated by health professionals.
- Using the most biocompatible materials available.
- Using ozone infused water at home as an adjunct in maintaining oral health.
- Informing patients about the close link between dental health and systemic disease, particularly heart pathology.
- Promoting mental and spiritual health through yoga and meditation.
As a Mercury Free Dentist
I am quite conscious as a holistic dentist in San Diego, that dentistry has to be embraced side by side with the systemic health and emotional wellbeing of my patients. That is why I place such high value on the relationships with those who entrust me with their health. It’s not uncommon for my patients to walk out of my office with tips on the health benefits of coconut water, ozonated water in their home hygiene program, and a hug.
I feel blessed to go to work every day to do something I love, creating special connections while contributing to the wellbeing of others. I understand that most of us fear pain as a result of past dental experiences. The foundation of doctor-patient relationships in my practice is based on earning you trust. I am committed to dental excellence and painless dentistry.
Outside Of My Practice
Often patients wonder of my life outside biological dentistry in San Diego. I take great pleasure in my family (3 children and 4 grandchildren), my garden (fresh veggies and fruit year round), my tilapia farming eco-system, and making my own kambucha. I love soccer (coaching was a passion), teaching (USC dental school), and holistic healing. I find volunteering greatly rewarding (founded a non-profit organization to bring mercury free dentistry to underserved populations in the Americas). I have had a great fascination over the years with the depth of knowledge to be found in eastern medicines and how they complement our western health care (including Ayurvedic, Traditional Chinese, Homeopathic & Macrobiotic). I practice meditation and yoga, am a die-hard fan of exercise, sauna and massage as a form of good health and emotional wellbeing. I firmly believe in planting ‘good seeds’ as an ongoing practice in life.